Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays (whatever floats your boat)

Hey all! I'm in a particularly good mood this morning since (for the first time ever I think) my kids got me some stuff for Christmas. Anyway. I used to hate Christmas for its being a walking contradiction (i.e. a holiday originally celebrated by "pagans" but adopted by Christianity to convert them, and widely commercialized even though one of the key tenants of the religion it's named after is anti-wealth), but now I find it hilariously ironic that these contradictions exist and I enjoy an excuse to get all and sundry gifts (I enjoy picking out the perfect gift and seeing the faces when they open the gift, although if I get the wrong gift I really don't like the reaction then). As a celebration, here are some of my favorite shows with a Christmas episode I loved or movies with a Christmas theme:

Anime: Toradora, Horimiya.

TV shows: Frazier, 

Movies: It's a Wonderful life, Klaus, Nightmare before Christmas,  

(Can't really think of anymore off the top of my head, but if I come up with any, I'll add later)

No comments:

Post a Comment