Wednesday, October 13, 2021

A Side Note

 Sometimes I get bummed. I guess that's putting it mildly. But when I get like this it's hard to find the motivation to write and I get in a space where I'm not doing the thing I love most and that just makes me more bummed because I'm not really working towards anything I actually want to do, I'm just wasting time on stuff I don't like. So I recently watched an anime called "Remake Our Life" it's a time-leap anime where the protagonist (a man in his late 20's) time leaps to a point in his life where he made a decision that effected his whole life and he goes down a different path. I'm not going to spoil anything for those of you who might want to watch the show, but at one point he runs across an artist who has no motivation to draw. She says: "There's just not anything I want to draw anymore" and I get that feeling, because when I'm bummed that's exactly how I feel about writing. I think "everything has been done, and done better than I could ever do" or "there's just not anything I feel like writing" and so I put it off just like the character in the story. However, one of the ways he is able to help her is to remind her what inspired her to draw in the first place. I have been reading more recently and I just started realizing that when I read things that perk up my imagination and pull me in, even if it's not remotely in the same genre that I am writing, it makes me want to write. So, if you're a writer and you're struggling for inspiration, maybe start reading some new stuff that awakens your imagination. That is all, thank you, and see you with my next review.

No comments:

Post a Comment