Monday, July 5, 2021

Rebranding

So I'm thinking of rebranding, myself, this blog. I thought, what's better for "thoughts of a nobody" than doing movie and book reviews, maybe even a game review here and there. I already watch a lot of stuff, and I have opinions about everything I see or read. Sometimes I have trouble finding other people who are interested in the same things I am interested in so all the energy I have in me that wants to discuss it or expand upon it gets wasted and then I move on to something else. But what if I didn't have to lose that energy and could use it to expand my writing horizons?

Ideally, I would get paid to write the things I want, but it takes time and experience to be considered an expert. If I don't put myself out there and have a list of relevant writing to point towards, then how am I going to find paying work?

I do need to finish up my teaching course and get started on that career path, if possible. However, there is a dream career I've always had of being a published author. I can write books and self-publish them, but there is little profit or satisfaction in that. I wish to travel as soon as humanly possible and I would love it if that were something I did not have to take time away from work to do. As nice as paid vacation would be, it would only last a short while. Reviews would be the ideal way to work while traveling, because movies can be watched from anywhere. If I became well-known and respected enough I could even branch out to reviewing other things while I travel. I would love to review foreign films and media as well. There, my language skills could come in handy.

I am excited to start this new journey, but I am unsure of what to review first. If any of my readers would like to see my perspective on a particular film, please comment the name of it. I will probably start with older films because I have them readily available. I will try to post at least one review a week, starting on my day off this week which is Friday. If I receive a comment on one of my posts requesting a particular review, I will address it as soon as possible.

I may still interject with a personal blog post updating everyone to my changing circumstances, or at the very least, letting you know how this change is effecting my blog (positively or negatively). If I get the time, or the posts get popular enough I may start posting more than one a week. Thank you for your readership up to now, I hope you stay for this exciting new development.

No comments:

Post a Comment