Friday, April 29, 2016

"Do you want to be famous?" & more

"Do you want to be famous?"

Hmm, good question. Let me put it this way. I don't want to be recognizably famous. I'd like to be a famous writer that nobody ever sees. That might not work out so well. People want to know about the author if they like the book. If I wrote a best seller the hardest part for me would be getting on talk shows in front of audiences to talk about it. I don't think I could do it. I don't think I could promote my book in a televised private interview either. I just don't think I'd be able to handle all those eyes on me, judging me. I like my privacy and being famous doesn't meld well with privacy.

"What is your zodiac sign... etc."

I'm not even finishing this question because I answered it in a previous post and my opinion hasn't changed. If you want to know what I think on this subject please read "Post #15" of my last blog challenge. On to the next question.

"Hobbies and interests"

Now we're talking. Is Facebook a hobby or an addiction? Either way I spend an inordinate amount of time on there scrolling through posts etc. Hobbies include reading, writing, drawing/painting/art, cooking, video games, movies/tv shows. Reading -- anything really except romance novels (they're really bad) and hard boiled detective stories (my short story teacher had me read a bunch of those for class bleh). Some of my favorite books -- The Hobbit, Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy, Anne of Green Gables series, Les Miserables, A Tale of Two Cities, Salmon of Doubt (a collection of writings by Douglas Adams), Inheritance series, If Only it Were True, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, (there are more but I'm not recalling their names at the moment).
Writing -- love writing short stories especially flash fiction but would also like to write a novel some day. Also enjoy just putting my thoughts into words on this blog.
Drawing -- starting learning how to draw manga, mostly enjoy drawing people and am less interested in still life although landscapes are also fun. Drawing is one way I have found that eases my stress quite a bit. I wish I used it more often than Facebook when I'm feeling out of sorts. Plus the more I practice, the better I'll get. I know this and yet I only draw when the art-attack gets me. I'm like that with writing too. As you can tell by this blog challenge it's not easy to discipline myself to writing each and every day even if I have a guide for what to write about.
Cooking -- love trying out new recipes if I have someone who is not my children to try them on. Reason I don't like trying them out on my kids? They hate trying new things and always complain at first even if they end up liking it. It's just more stressful than making stuff I already know they'll eat. Video games -- I play some FB games, some RPG including Skyrim which I started on my computer and then didn't like having to start over at the beginning when I finally got it for my PS3 because it was on sale. Also the controls are different so I'm still trying to get used to them. Much better is Fallout because I started that on my friend's X Box and the controls are very similar. Got the sims and have been playing it a lot lately, before that Minecraft was one I got really into. I like being able to build stuff. My friend has Fallout 4 and in that you can build your own structures and stuff. I'm so jealous.
Movies/TV shows -- too numerous to mention even half of them. Some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head: Crash, Things we Lost in the Fire, Groundhog Day, Trains Planes and Automobiles, Stranger than Fiction and the notebook come readily to mind but I know there are tons more. Shows there are a bunch of Anime I like including: maji and maji 2, dusk maiden of amnesia, pet girl of sakurasou, highschool of the dead (which I was surprised that I ended up liking since usually I'm not into the whole zombie apocalypse thing), amnesia, toradora, love chinobyo and other delusions, //.hack, log horizon, sword art online, chrome shelled regios, ano Hana, waiting in summer, blood lad, haganai, the devil is a part-timer, both full metal alchemist and full metal alchemist brotherhood. That's all I can thin of right at the moment but I know there are more. For regular shows -- Buffy the vampire slayer, x-files, heroes, friends, seinfeild, early edition, supernatural (especially season 5), Sherlock, doctor who, red dwarf. I know there are more shows too. Like I said too many to count.

No comments:

Post a Comment